Thursday, February 24, 2011

Babies on Board!


Well, today we broke the record for dogs in my car, but this was A LOT easier than three. Bellow you will see pictures of 4 little pups who I helped transport today (and one of the only successful group shots to the right).

It was their first day away from their sister (the 5th pup, already adopted), their first day away from their first foster home, and their first day with me... needless to say they were a bit terrified and all they wanted to do was slink into a corner together. I don't blame them, it was a rough day.

In the car, as expected the pups cried for a little bit, but them most of them settled down. One kept crying, so I turned my music up a bit (Linkin Park) and he or she (never could tell who it was) practically screamed. I took the hint and cut the music off. Doth my ears deceive me? Nope! they all conked out! And stayed that way pretty much the entire time until their vet visit.

In the parking lot of the vet's office I tried to work my head around how i was going to get them all inside. Carry 2 at a time? Well, then 2 would be left in the heat.... even if it was only for a minute it wasn't a safe option (nix that idea!). Carry them all? I put "A" on my shoulder and picked up "B", then looked at the other two, arms full. Nope! Not happening.  Walk on a leash. Year right they are in the very back of the cage and have no interest in coming out.

I settled on putting them all in one carrier (they traveled two by two in 2 different large carriers) and slowly carrying the carrier across the parking lot. I put all 4 in 1 carrier, lifted the carrier off the back of the car and immediately realize this was gonna be a problem. I knew they were each solid pups but DANG were they heavy (later I found out the lightest was 11 lbs... times 4? about 44+ lbs of dog and the weight of the carrier!).

Thank GOD for good Samaritans. A lady who was walking into the vets office (i think for some form of maintenance in the office) offered to help and with the two of us combined we carried it across the parking lot and up the stairs to the office. THANK YOU SO MUCH MAM!!!!

Inside the pups quickly drew the attention of everyone, who were surprised to find out that these little ones are ONLY about 8 weeks old. They're pretty big for 8 weeks. Even the other dogs were very interested and one cocked her head to the side when she realized the squeaky toy like sounds were coming from the carrier. Too cute. It was hard to leave the little ones there (they're going for their shots and *gulp* their first surgery (spay/neuter)). Be brave little ones! See you again soon!

Currently, they don't have names (at least not official ones) so they have been temporarily dubbed 1, 2, 3, and 4. Could I tell you which is which? Not a chance! So, I will do the best I can to separate them out and identify "who is who"in the pictures bellow.

Video at the bottom!!!


Puppy A - Female - Most outgoing, verbal, and cuddly!
































 



Puppy B - Male - Big guy, quiet, and loves cuddles and doesn't mind being held on his back. Identified by the small white blaze on his nose. Also has a "half white collar" which goes up around the right side of his neck but stops at his spine.


B (right), telling me he is done with pictures! haha!
 
His "Collar" Mark
























Puppy C - Male (? pretty sure) - Solid black face, very alert, I'm guessing he's gonna be quite a joker!

"C" is to the left. I think he'll be the jokester!


Puppy D - Female (? Pretty sure) - Big white blaze on her nose. Pretty shy but I bet she comes out of her shell soon!








The whole crew!




























The Pups, Just chilling while waiting for their vet visit!

"A" gets Brave and Vocal!

No comments:

Post a Comment